Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Master Bedroom Inspiration Board

Dear Marleigh,

As of late, I have a HUGE obsession (you have no idea) with the navy and gold combo/trend. Nate Berkus is one of my favorite designers and he had a navy and gold collection at target recently, thus adding to my obsession. I love gold anything so thats a given but when I came across these awesome white and navy lampshades (See inspiration board) I finally decided on the theme for our Master Bedroom. It is the perfect combo of masculine for Scott and glam for me (:


I have had the crowns for a while, I purchased them at Hobby Lobby over a year ago. They will hang above our bed, and I'm going to find an empty frame and put the "T" in the frame in between both crowns. I might get a vinyl sticker like "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" to go under all of it but I think I may keep it simple. 

The compass knob is for the antique desk-turned nightstands i'm currently working on. My awesome stepdad, Greg, just finished sawing the tops perfectly for me and I should be done with that redo in a couple weeks. 

I haven't decided on pillows yet for the bed, but if you look at the inspiration board you can see how I plan to style the bed. I bought a gold quilt at this awesome new store in town called "At Home" if you happen to live near one of these stores you MUST check it out. Awesome prices and really cool stuff. I got a king size quilt for $30! I will be doing navy sheets, I prefer white like the picture but my lovely husband is a mechanic and is never truly clean. I'm on the hunt for a white down-alternative comforter, something I can bleach the heck out of if he gets it dirty.  

You met my gold and white striped chest yesterday, I will be adding a DIY tufted bench seat to the top of that for the foot of our bed. I also will be making a matching tufted wing headboard with gold nail-heads. I plan to use a canvas drop cloth for the fabric on both the bench and headboard, because it is cheap and the perfect color I'm looking for.

I'm in the process of painting a wing-back chair as well, that may or may not find a place in our bedroom if I have the room, I guess we will see! Thank you for checking out my vision for my newest decor obsession, reveal coming soon :)



Sources:
Lampshade - Target
Compass Knob - Hobby Lobby
Metal "T" - Hobby Lobby
King & Queen Crown - Hobby Lobby (I don't think they are available online)
Rest of the Photos - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment