Sunday, November 24, 2013

Southwestern Crock Pot Chicken Burritos

First off let me apologize about the fact that my first couple posts won't have pictures to guide you through steps and preparation. Until we move into our new house I don't have a kitchen or a place to actually do the things I am posting, I am just going off of stuff I have already done!

Supplies:
  • 1.5 Pounds of Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Can (15oz) of Sweet Corn (Undrained)
  • 1 Can (15oz) Black Beans (Rinsed & Drained)
  • 3 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Paprika 
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
  • Dash of Cayenne Pepper
  • Dash of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1 Package (8oz) Low fat Creme Cheese
  • 4 qt Crock Pot
  • Large Bowl 
Place Chicken breasts in the lightly greased slow cooker. In the large bowl, combine the corn, beans, seasonings and mix together well. If you would like you can add fresh chopped tomato and jalapeños, I do not because I'm picky, according to my husband (; 

Pour the mixture over the chicken, Stir in the cream cheese (you can soften in the microwave prior) and cook 4-5 hours on low.

When time is up remove the chicken and shred with two forks, then put back in crock pot. Cover and cook for 15 more mins. If you would like a little more kick you can add a full tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper at this time. 

Serve on tortillas (I suggest the Jumbo ones because they get messy). This is one of my favorite foods and super easy to throw in the crock pot and do your own thing for a few hours. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment